Well, this semester is half over and I can hardly believe it. It has gone by very fast. I can't believe how much work it has been, but I think I have got the hang of it. I am working on a project for my health class where I have to volunteer at a non-profit for a few hours. I spent my volunteer time at the SL Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I was scrubbing stoves and ovens for resale. Another volunteer and I put the oven knobs in a bucket of water to soak. As the water got dirty, the other volunteer offered to go dump the water. I assumed she remembered the knobs in the bucket, but I guess not. She dumped the knobs for two stoves - that's eight knobs into the toilet which automatically flushed once it got too full. She frantically tried to reach into the toilet and catch them, but only caught one and down the rest went. The best part is that flushing seven knobs down the toilet is not the worst of it. When she told our supervisors they looked at us and said, "AGAIN?" I couldn't believe it! This has happened before? They then said, "at least you didn't flush the sponge too". HA! That did it for me. I was laughing for the next three hours. Incredible. At least it was an entertaining experience.
I have also been helping a friend out with some work at a local community theatre. We went to their Gala last Saturday and Kent actually performed in the program! He sang Surrey with the Fringe on Top from Oklahoma. He did the whole scene. He was really good and got a few directors requesting that he audition for the show next spring. It might end up being a conflict of interest though since it is looking like I will be directing the music. I guess we will see. Here are some fun pictures.



The stage was too dark to get a picture of Kent "in the act". too bad. Well. I've got to get some sleep before my 8 am class tomorrow. Night all.
No comments:
Post a Comment