Thanksgiving eve I decided to walk to the grocery store. I miss the seasons and it was lightly sprinkling outside. Not to mention - I didn't have a car. I got there in no time, and bought Kent's favorite pecan pie, but on my way home, the rain had called out an army of snails and slugs. Though I would not consider my self a snail lover, I'd rather not step on them. It took me twice as long to get home as I was dodging all the snails. About half way I got curious and started to count. 187 snails and slugs not to mention however many were on the first half of my trek home. Just as I was saying to my self. Whew! I only stepped on one snail I slipped on
something slimy that made a squeaky noise as it squished. I turned around to see a disgusting slug oozing out the back end. My shoe will never be the same.For Thanksgiving Kent and I went to the Herbert's house, another law school couple. The food was great, and we got to play karaoke on the Wii. Kent got the highest score singing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Of course, it was on the easy setting. What? I have to defend my self somehow. I'd only heard the song I sang a total of 4 times in my life. Some say I'm a sore looser, I'd say aggressively competitive. I think I'll change the subject now. Kent and I went shopping on black Friday - what a crazy idea! I've never done it before and I think I never will again. We got up at 4:15 am and were to Wal Mart by 4:50 only to be greeted by a line with no end and people yelling, "move to the back of the line". It was worse inside. I got hit by about four big screen TV's and fell into a bean bag chair trying to avoid being run over by a lady's cart - all while trying to keep up with Kent. All we wanted were two 8 GB flash drives at a discounted price. I don't think it was worth it. Then we went to Best Buy. It was better than Wal Mart, but not by much. Kent is happy to have the new Zune 120 though. He has spent all weekend loading movies and music onto it. He has been disjointed ever since his iPod broke. Okay - that is an overstatement. Well that was our Thanksgiving weekend. Oh, I almost forgot, last night I got food poisoning from the theater popcorn after seeing Twilight. I'm hoping to feel better SOON. Blah.
1 comment:
Holy Cow Amy!! I love reading your blog, it is so entertaining. Seriously you should write a book :) Sorry about the popcorn food posioning, which theater did you go to? :) Did you hear about the greeter that got stopmed to death at Walmart? I'm glad you made is safe and sound...crazy shoppers :)
Post a Comment