Just to catch up... Last July we took a trip to Bryce Canyon with my sister Sammy. It was so amazing! I think I had been there once before, but I was too little to remember. We got some amazing pictures. This is my favorite.

Our totem Pole...

We got in some fun bowling time with our buddies Tom and Jesse. We are always such goofs. It's a wonder anyone wants to be seen with us. :)

AND THEN...Drum Roll Please... Kent and I tried out for WipeOut! It is a hilarious story. We found out about try outs, I made shirts at 8 am right before leaving to try our luck at getting our chance to jump on those big red balls.

As we got there we saw that we were going to be a the back of a line comprised of 450 random WipeOut enthusiasts wearing outfits that hit every end of the spectrum.
As the WipeOut staff came running down the incredibly long line of people with a camcorder apparently Kent thought, "This is my chance". Just as the camera was on him he literally wiped out on the ground. It was hilarious, and a little painful. I was of course contributing to the yelling and wild flailing of arms too. They thought we were so cool that they told everyone else they should be more like us and took us all the way to the front of the line. We went through the first interview and they made an appointment for us to come back.
We then had to strut our stuff on camera to show our outstanding TV personalities - that was interesting. We even did the jump in the air and bump your chests together move - TWICE. Only once successfully. The second time I got slammed by Kent pretty hard, but everyone else seemed to think we had planned it that way. Hmmm. We then had to fill out the disclosure packet that is a million pages on and now... we wait. Turns out all our waiting paid off. Kent is moving on and may be appearing on your television screen soon while wildly maneuvering big red balls and out avoiding the motivator.Last story, My sweet mother got me into making this quilt. While I tend to be fairly crafty, I don't sew. So after 6 months of strugling with this quilt and finally completing it succesfully, I realized that my new homeade bed set look atrocious with my cherry wood bed. The colors by themselves I love, but they just don't match the wood. So all that work goes to the guest room. But our guests should feel loved knowing how much time I put into their comfort, Right?
4 comments:
you will be missed! I can't wait to see Kent on wipeout...do us proud!!
We will be faithfully watching wipeout!! GO KENT! We'll miss you guys, it's been so fun to have you as neighbors. Thanks for all you've done for us, and next time we are passing through Ceder, we'll have to stop by and say hello! :)
I didn't know you moved to Cedar City!!! I am so excited. We really should get together.
I am not doing the weekly class anymore, but we could work something out. It is always fun to learn a new skill. Let me know if you are ever coming up north.
gosh that is awesome about wipeout....and your return to zion :)
Post a Comment