Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fun in the Snow!

I finally got the Christmas off my blog. Sorry about that. It has been a hectic month. KD and Talon, my niece and nephew are staying with us for a couple of weeks. They are so fun. We made snow angels on Monday, learned the Hokey Pokey on Saturday, Made cookies yesterday, and learned how to help our neighbors for Family Home Evening. They are so cute.


Today we are drawing pictures for their mom. I decided to take some pictures of them, but they just thought it was fun to run away from me while I chased them with the camera. IT'S A NEW GAME! They loved it. Luckily we have gone digital so I can take as many pictures as I want. They love Uncle Kent and I had to go buy a pre school work book so they could study "just like Uncle Kent". The best is when they come get you to show you what is in the toilet and want you to clap! I love it, just not the smell ;)


So after spending almost every weekend sense Thanksgiving up in Salt Lake, it is nice to have a break from the long drive. Kent is studying hard for the Utah bar and working out like mad to meet the requirements for the Marine JAG Corp. He has really bulked up. It is kind of funny - none of his shirts fit. They are all stretched around his biceps and across his chest, but hey... I'm not complaining.

I will be done working for Pepperdine this week. It is hard to believe. I got another job offer for contracted marketing work last week from someone I met at Pepperdine. Just part-time and month-to-month, but what great timing. I think I'm going to go look for a part-time job stocking shelves or something just to bring in some extra cash. Everyone keeps asking me why I want to do something like stock shelves after the work experience I have gotten. Are you kidding? No really, I just want something I don't have to put so much mental effort into and that I don't have to think about after I come home. I am not looking for a permanent or full-time career so why deal with the stress? While I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Pepperdine, and Seagull Book before that and wouldn't trade the experience for anything, it will be so nice to have a less complicated job. Manual labor would feel so great about right now. I know, I sound crazy.

Well, time for me to go wipe noses and think about dinner and more laundry while I enjoy the Berenstain Bears on TV. Hopefully my next update won't take me so long to get around to.

No comments: