Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine "Treet"

I made this Valentine candy tree for Kent. I can't wait to give it to him on Sunday with a nice candle lit dinner. Luckily he rarely reads our blog and I am pretty sure if I don't want him to see it this is a safe place. We'll see. I never was very good at keeping presents a surprise.
I finally got all my dishes done after taking my niece and nephew back to their mommy. I miss them already. They called me today to say hello. It was SO cute.

I suppose I should give an update on our lives as of late. I just finished my work at Pepperdine and and getting ready to look for part-time work. I am also working hard on finishing everything up for the Miss Southern Utah Pageant. It is in less than two weeks and I have a tone to do.Wish me luck. I am going to need it.

Kent is studying for the Utah bar exam that he will take at the end of this month and he just finished taking the written and physical tests for the Marine JAG Corp. He did pretty good. Got 99% on the written exam. The Marines is not the only option we are looking at, but it is looking like a good one. We will find out if he gets in at the end of March. There are only about six open spots on the West Coast, so we will see. He is still working out for about 1 - 2 hours a day.

Just found out one of my good friends, Jennifer is pregnant, and so is my cousin Stephanie, and my neighbor two doors down, and two other women in my ward. It must be the season. I am so excited for them all! I love babies. Hopefully I will soon be joining them in the morning sickness fest. Well not if I'm lucky eh?

Well Kent is home. Got to go.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You are always so creative! Yay for little burggraaf babies to come! And yay for the Marines!

Elizabeth said...

That is cool about JAG...I always wanted to look into that but really am not that physically fit :) How exciting for babies to come! Good luck on your job hunt...you are so creative and all of that - you should start your own scrapbooking business or music class for kids or something like that :)

Stephanie Braithwaite said...

Hola! Being pregnant is great, but the "morning" sickness, more like all-day sickness, totally bites. But we get wonderful babies out of it! :)

Julianne said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I was hopeing someone else felt the same way!
I didn't know you were doing the Miss Southern Utah pageant! How fun, that must be...this week? You have a lot of great things going on. Exciting!