It seems like the very second I think I know best about any topic the Lord feels the need to let me know how far I am from right. I suppose that is how we grow. I was missing my old ward and feeling sorry for myself that while I have met so many great people here in Cedar City that I just love, I wasn't feeling that "sisterhood" that I treasure so much. I had all these speculations for why that might be and of course none of them had anything to do with ME. HA! Maybe if I took another look I would see that it is me who's the problem. Anyways, my point is that I just met my new visiting teachers this week and they are wonderful. More wonderful than I could hope for. They made me feel like I had known them for years - like we were "sisters" and that's that. Sweet women.
I was also convinced that spring should be here and that the continued snow was just unfair. Then the Lord saw fit to dump a little more just to prove me wrong. So sorry everyone.... It's my fault. ;) We have had so many lessons, talks, and articles that involve adversity lately. I think that includes the adversity we bring upon ourselves through negative thinking. I guess it is all just hitting me and I am gaining a stronger testimony that the Lord knows best. He has shown me that he knows me, he loves me, and he wants me to grow - even if that means I have to experience difficult circumstances in life(of course we all do). I guess what I am struggling with now is wondering if I can accept the trials that He knows I need through out my life.
For FHE this week we read an Ensign article about enduring to the end. It defined the word endure in a way that I never thought of before. "Endure to the end: To remain true to the commandments of God despite temptation, opposition, and adversity throughout life." The article then goes on to teach that enduring is not just to "hang on" through unpleasant times, but to live happily despite them. Hmmm.... Food for thought.
By the way, Kent and I will have been married seven years next Monday. Boy! Where does the time go? Just as I was telling Kent's parents that it went by so fast, Kent said, "It feels like forever". I don't know how I'm supposed to take that! I think he just likes to be the center of attention. :) We all had a good laugh.
2 comments:
Thanks for shareing your thoughts. I love to know that I'm not alone in the journey of life. One day I feel so happy and grateful and the next day I feel in the dumps--what a roller coaster! But I think every year that goes by I grow and my eyes are continually opening more nad more. It must be tough to start a new sphere of friends in a new town. I think it is tricky to find real friends...it takes time. I'm so glad your in our ward and I hope to continue to get to know you better. Keep on keepin on sister!
I was just wondering, will you be in Monroe this weekend for the birthday celebrations? I hope so, we haven't seen you and Kent in a while. We should get together and play some games.
I challenge you to a game of speed...
Post a Comment