Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hole in the pants & Home again, home again...

One quick funny story, before my usual update. A while back, I went to school, Michaels, the grocery store, my in-laws, and the post office. At the post office, I reached back to put my phone in my back pocket and realized I was touching my underwear. That's right, my pants had torn and I had been walking around with this huge hole. And I am not just talking about a little hole. This hole was about eight inches tall and four or five inches wide. Yup, my whole butt cheek was hanging out. I can't beleive no one said anything! At least I gave a few people - okay - a lot of people a good laugh. Noe for the update....

Last time I posted, Kent was on his way to Officer Candidate School. Well since then, he has been dropped and sent home. They gave him the flu with the immunizations he received and got a very high fever. He didn't tell anyone, but when they brought them in for a dose of Penicillin they found out and immediately put him in isolation barracks. They would not release him until his fever had been gone for 24 hours. Because they would not release him, he missed pick up day - when they get assigned to their platoon - which you can not miss. So they threw his stuff in a laundry bag and dropped him on the airport curb without alowing him to shower first, even though they hadn't let him shower for three days. So, we are back to square one. I am glad to be with him again, but under these circumstances it was not a happy reunion.

I am back in school and busy as ever. I have eight classes, five of which are music classes for my major. I also got into Jazz band which is very fun and challenging. I am loving it. I just wish I didn't have to take Math, but once I finish this math class I don't ever have to take another one. YES!

Oklahoma auditions were yesterday and we have call backs next Saturday. I am excited at the talent we have, it will be a fun group to direct. But am realizing how busy my schedule is going to be once rehearsals start.

No comments: