Well, this is me giving up. Max thinks he is now "too big, too old, too independent" to be fed by mom. I just had to walk away and count to ten which left him to attempt feeding himself. Hmmm. Wish I would have taken his clothes off.
Max loves dog food and now when I say no he jumps up and runs away laughing and screaming. I swear he is thinking, "If I run away fast enough she will think I was never there"! This is the current trend for anything he is not supposed to get into. As for buttons he is not supposed to push... He has perfected the "hurt" face. He doesn't even attach a cry to it which makes it more hilarious. Max had his first birthday this month! He was so confused when we turned off the lights and started singing. He ate the frosting off his cake one pinch at a time so it took about 40 minutes to make a dent in his cake. 

We have just entered the temper tantrum phase and soooo, I just had to let Max cry himself to sleep so I could shower and this is what I found when I checked on him later. 

Guess he was really working hard to resist sleep.
As for Kent and I, I have another calling in addition to my usual. I just got called as the Stake Music Chairman (chairwoman) and am now on a mission to round up a Stake choir. May not seem like a hard task, but considering our stake is made up of several small towns some distance apart it seems to be like pulling teeth to get them all to participate. Too bad. Kent "mission" now teaching the 12 and 13 year old Sunday school class. One Sunday I was in the hall with Max and could hear Kent in his class playing Gospel Jeopardy I think. His "ding!, ding!, ding!" and "We have a winner!" noises were very audible for all who walked by and he seemed to be enjoying himself, so I guess he likes teaching - I wonder if his class feels the same about him or if they just think he is a little out there. Just kidding Kent, I am sure they love you.
I just had the opportunity of directing a community choir and the local symphony for an open house performance of the new stake center and family history center that was just finished here in town. It was so fun and I was so pleased at how it turned out. We had a great turn out and a really powerful spirit there. It was a great missionary opportunity and there were a lot of non-members who turned out to tour the buildings and seee what we are all about.
The Christmas concert we did went really well. I don't know who edits our local paper, but there were two articles about it in the same edition.


1 comment:
Isn't it fun? Haha. I hate these parts about parenthood. What a cutie!
Post a Comment