Thursday, August 28, 2008

Girls Camp

Well, it has been a while since I have blogged, but not much has happened other than tons of work and the start of Kent's last semester of law school. For the first time in seven years I returned to girls camp. It was a blast, but I forgot what it is like to stay up all night talking about, well, just stuff. A really awesome experience took place for one of the non-member girls in our ward boundaries. She has come to a few activities, but when we had our testimony meeting on the last night, she got up to bear her testimony and became really emotional. She commented later that she never got it before - she never understood why we felt so strongly about our religion, but now it makes sense. It was a great feeling to see someone truly recognize the spirit in their life for the first time. To think, all this happened because her best friend, only 12 years old was courageous enough to teach her gospel principals whenever the opportunity arose and invited her to camp. The gospel is wonderful. I also got some great pictures of our level, "the cheetahs" (right) . Shawna and I were the leaders. That is us below.

No comments: