We have had so many brave, humble, and noble people fight for our liberty. I have two cousins who have recently served in Irac, one of which is going back after Christmas. I know my grandfather, who fought in WII would be proud. When I find myself feeling picked on I remind myself that I can flush my toilet paper down the toilet, I have a 40 gallon hot water heater, I have a solid roof, a nice vehicle, a stable income, and I can call my family anytime I wish. We truly are blessed - and yet I still complain when our internet goes out for an hour. I guess I just needed that reality check. No matter what happens in this country, Americans still have it better than most. I can say I am proud to be an American.
Monday, October 13, 2008
In Memory of 9-11
I feel like I should express my gratitude for all the blessings I have received and especially for havening the privilege of living in America. Although some might debate this with the current stock market, the high gas prices that just aren't dropping fast enough, the attack on families (which we are really feeling here in CA), and the very competitive election, living in America is a wonderful thing. I am blessed to work at a Christian university where service, Christianity, purpose, and high achievements are on the forefront. I was greatly moved this last September when I pulled on campus and saw thousands of flags lined up for each and every person who lost their life in the 9-11 attacks. There was no division of race, religion, or any other type for the hundreds people who pulled over to the side of the street to silently view this memorial. All felt a sense of patriotism. I met a lady I think was from France who said, "This is amazing, truly amazing."
We have had so many brave, humble, and noble people fight for our liberty. I have two cousins who have recently served in Irac, one of which is going back after Christmas. I know my grandfather, who fought in WII would be proud. When I find myself feeling picked on I remind myself that I can flush my toilet paper down the toilet, I have a 40 gallon hot water heater, I have a solid roof, a nice vehicle, a stable income, and I can call my family anytime I wish. We truly are blessed - and yet I still complain when our internet goes out for an hour. I guess I just needed that reality check. No matter what happens in this country, Americans still have it better than most. I can say I am proud to be an American.
We have had so many brave, humble, and noble people fight for our liberty. I have two cousins who have recently served in Irac, one of which is going back after Christmas. I know my grandfather, who fought in WII would be proud. When I find myself feeling picked on I remind myself that I can flush my toilet paper down the toilet, I have a 40 gallon hot water heater, I have a solid roof, a nice vehicle, a stable income, and I can call my family anytime I wish. We truly are blessed - and yet I still complain when our internet goes out for an hour. I guess I just needed that reality check. No matter what happens in this country, Americans still have it better than most. I can say I am proud to be an American.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment