
Kent is about two weeks away from the bar and studying like crazy! But we are almost done - I can hardly wait. In t
he mean time, I have been spending a lot of time with my good friend Shawna. We recently had one of those blond moments - at the same time - that doesn't come very often and makes perfect sense at the time it occurs. You see, Shawna was given a desk, only it wasn't the color she wanted. She asked me to help her paint it. I
jumped at the chance as I love painting anything. We went to the store and bought the spray paint, went back to her house and proceeded to
assess the best place to start our fun little project. Keep in mind, we started all this at about 9:30 pm. Not the best time to start a spray painting
project - unless you are 14

and running
amuck under an overpass. Well, we took this huge roll of painters plastic and lined the floor and all the walls in plastic clear up to the kitchen ceiling - that's right - the kitchen. We figured that the paint would only go the direction we sprayed it. What we didn't expect is that the paint particles floated all over the place. We decided to move the project outside, but when we came back in we noticed foot prints all over the tile floor and black film all over the counters, walls, ceiling, dishes, EVERYTHING! We finally got it all wiped down and cleaned up just as we took a moment to view our own
appearance. I had a
goatee and Shawna had a
Hitler mustache, but what was worse is what came out of our noses!
Gooooo! Anyways - it was a fun night and we created memories right? As you can see, the desk turned out great and the project ended in success despite our blond moments. I mean, who paints in the house. Really.

I also joined Shawna and her husband Josh for a game night. We played the longest game of
Jenga that I think has ever been played. There were
absolutely no
theoretical moves that could be made let alone
pieces that could easily come out. I wish we would have measured so we could start some type of competition. I am not sure we could do it again. I think we ended up 36 blocks high. We also played Scrabble in which I lost because I played CAB just before realizing that I could have played AXE with the X on a double letter square for 22 points. Blah! Well that is about it for the recent
adventures of Amy.

I also wanted to ad one last picture of Betty. She loves my running shoes, I can't get her to leave them alone. She doesn't chew on them, she just likes to sleep with them. Crazy dog.
1 comment:
2 weeks!! YEAH!! So close!! You are a trooper for staying with it! I love that you and Shawna painted inside the house...so funny!! Cute pictures...love it :)
Post a Comment