Kent went on a 10 hour hike/bob cat tracking expedition last week including a fall off a 15 foot cliff. Him and his friend Kenny left at about 7:30 am from Fiddlers Canyon and while fully intending to end where they started, Kenny's wife and I ended up picking them up at about 5:30 or 6 pm in Cedar Canyon at the other end of town. They had crossed a few mountain ranges, many cliffs, much snow, and who knows what else. They weren't sure exactly where they would come out in the canyon, so they had us driving up and down for a while searching for them. I guess no matter the age, boys will be boys. Kent had quite the sun burn and some really muddy clothes, but he had a great time. I used to be that adventurous, what happened?
Funny Moment #1:
So I went to my dads house for the weekend and got to spend some time with my brother, sisters, niece and nephew. Some of the funniest things (well funny to me) happened. I was sitting at the table eating lunch with my niece and she looked at me and said, "Your hair is brown", after I confirmed her comment she then said, "my hair is stylish". Hmmm! I wonder what she meant by that?
Funny Moment #2
Later I was doing my hair and she came into the bathroom and asked me to ask her how I looked. I asked her, then she promptly replied, "You look Distinguished, Very Distinguished". She is only three years old! Where does she get this stuff?
Funny Moment #3
But the one that tops them all... We were over at my aunt and uncles house for an early Easter celebration and my nephew (2 years) and my cousins daughter (3 years) disappeared. When we found them, they had been in the bathroom each with a bottle of baby powder squirting it at each other. I didn't have my camera, but my sister did, so I will get some photos. The whole bathroom was dusted, the kids looked like ghosts, the carpet "poofed" as you walked across it and the heater vents carried the white dust throughout every room in the house. What can you do at that point but take a picture? It was so hilarious!
Other things we did:
We went shooting. It's been a really long time since I've done that and I realized that I can't shoot right eyed. So I switched to left handed shooting and hit all my targets after that. Maybe that is why I also shoot pool left handed. I can't wait to get my own 22 and join the gun owner world. We of course need to get jobs first so we can afford it. I colored in coloring books a lot, played some cards, went on a Pez scavenger hunt which was the adult version of an Easter eggs hunt. We were on teams and had to read the clues in the Pez and guess the word before the other teams. The Pez were so hard to find we didn't even find them all.
Here are some of the clues - see if you can guess the word....
- Oder less
- Colorless
- Inflate
- Firmament
- Public Utterance
- Particulate Matter
What do you think? Any luck? We guessed helium, hot air balloon, and balloon but to no avail. The answer was, drum roll please, air. Quite anti-climactic. It was too obvious for us to figure out. Finally another team guessed right and won the treasure chest full of treats. Fun stuff.
Well, I think that about does it for my update. I can't really think of anything else interesting to write so I'll sign off now.
2 comments:
WOW I would have NEVER gotten that clue! Sounds like fun though! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys still got it after all these years! :)
So i caught in the middle of your post that you said you couldn't get a gun because "we have to get jobs first". Does Kent not have a job? Hope you guys are doing well. I love shooting guns and can't wait to have my own 22 as well ;)
Post a Comment