
The first hike we went on was to Lower Calf Creek Falls. It was five miles round trip and so beautiful.

We then drove about 26 miles down Hole in the Rock Road to the slot canyons trail head. We did a couple of slot canyons, but Peek-a-boo slot canyon was by far the most amazing. Here is Jesse and I at the entrance to the canyon. You had to climb up about 12 feet to get into the canyon then weave back and forth, up and down to get through the canyon. It was amazing. I only wish the pictures showed how beautiful it really was.



Here is a picture looking into the canyon from the top of the entrance.

Here is a view from the top back end. We climbed up the sides to get this shot.

What a great trip. Very, very hot, but very fun. We had a blast. I would highly recommend these hikes. I do want to go back sometime and go all the way down Hole in the Rock road to see Devil's Dance Hall and the actual Hole in the Rock where it meets what is now part of Lake Powell. I read a book about the San Juan mission and the company that traveled through Escalante, the Hole in the Rock, Slick Rock and on to San Juan. What an amazing story. I am even more impressed now seeing the terrain. There is a lot of sand. I can't even count how many times I had to empty my shoes and just can't imagine having to pull wagons through it. Not to mention the heat and lack of shade and water. What amazing examples of faith those saints were. The ones who conquered "impassible country" literally. Well, that's the latest excitement. I will make a more general update post soon.
2 comments:
Thanks so much for posting that. Calf creek is my favorite place to camp. We are going there this weekend. I didn't know that that bur trail had such amazing slot canyons in it! How Fun and Beautiful! Maybe when my kids get older we could do that one!
This looks so much fun. Peek a boo!
Post a Comment