I just got invited to sing in a local musical production of Women at The Well. It is a great program about the women in the scriptures and their relationship with Christ. I felt really inspired as I prayed that the spirit would be able to communicate Christ's love for his daughters as we sang about these faithful women.
I had a distinct thought pop into my mind that just because we were not there to witness Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead, or to reach out and touch the hem of his garment, to see his empty tomb, or to wash and anoint his feet, does not mean that our relationship with him can not be every bit as personal and significant.
I have often felt like having a relationship as personal as Mary and Martha did with the Savior would be impossible for me, but as I listened to the songs and narrative in this program, the spirit bore witness to me that I could indeed have that dear friendship with Him as they did.
I hope to be able to live the kind of life needed to be worthy of that friendship. What an amazing experience this has been. I am very grateful for the opportunities I have received and talents I have been blessed with that enable me to participate in inspired programs such as this. I hope you all have the chance to see it at some point. It is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment