Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ward Music Chairman (Chairwoman)

I just received a calling as the ward music chairman. I am so excited and a little overwhelmed with the responsibility. Unfortunately there is a limited number of musicians in the ward. There are only three people who can play the piano (one of which is me) and one person who can play the organ. The bishop has offered me a key to the church and asked that I start practicing the organ. That's a little intimidating! Guess I had better get to it.

I do wish I had been called a little sooner, there is nothing planned for Christmas and we do not have a ward choir. I am supposed to throw together a musical program in the next four weeks. Hmmm. I have some great ideas, but I do not know many people in our ward yet so finding volunteers is going to be a challenge. Thank heavens for Sally DeFord!

I just pray that the Lord will bless me and the ward to be able to come up with something that will invite the spirit and make Christmas special.

1 comment:

Stephanie Braithwaite said...

Hey cutie! Check your facebook! ;)